*The Health Benefits of Drinking Water*
Yesterday’s Guest Blogger, Batise, reminded us of how important it is to drink water. It’s good for our skin, it’s good for our hair, it’s good for us overall. I am challenging myself to drink more water every day. I am just now realizing how important it really is for my health. Take a look at this information below:
The benefits of drinking water are extraordinary. Actually, pure drinking water is the most important nutrient of all. Yet the health benefits of drinking water are often ignored.
Every cell and system in your body relies on water to operate properly. Although you could live for over a month without food, you can only go for about 3 days without water.
The Importance of Drinking Water
The importance of drinking water and getting water benefits is essential to life – second only to oxygen. It’s a major component of your skin, tissues, cells and all of your organs.
Water is necessary to process and absorb all the nutrients from the foods you eat. It circulates through your blood and lymphatic system, carrying oxygen and essential nutrients to your cells. It also flushes out toxins and waste through urine and sweat.
Consistent lack of enough water (chronic dehydration) can cause constipation problems, hypertension, asthma, allergies, migraine headaches and many other health problems. Every single part of you and your functioning is dependent on water. For example:
- Your body is around 66% water,
- Your muscles are about 75% water,
- The blood in your veins is 83% water,
- Your bones approximately 23% water,
- Your trillions of cells are 64-91% water,
- And the brain in your head is 78% water.
Health Benefits of Drinking Water
As you can see, your very survival is dependent on clean water.
Looking at the many benefits of drinking water, you realize that pure, uncontaminated water could be considered a virtual fountain of youth wonder drug. Taken in optimum doses – about 8 glasses a day – you could produce the following miraculous results:
- Reduce your risk of heart attack,
- Decrease headaches and dizziness,
- Have healthier, younger looking skin,
- Burn fat, build muscle and lose weight,
- Improve both digestion and elimination,
- Increase mental clarity and performance,
- Flush Toxins from your body more efficiently,
- Lubricate and reduce pain in joints and muscles,
- Reduce your risk of disease, infection and get well,
- Increase energy, alertness and physical performance.
Good hydration also greatly decreases your need for taking medications. Plus, great additional benefits of drinking water are, it’s cheap, calorie-free and very convenient.
So, how’s that for an inexpensive, easy way to greatly improve your health?