Henna/Coconut Milk Recipe
I tried a new mixture for henna the last time that I did it. Here is the recipe:
What I used:
- 100 gram of henna (I used Jamila, but you can use any kind that is body-art quality)
- Coconut milk (About 7oz. or as much as needed to create a good creamy texture)
- Apple cider vinegar
- Olive oil
If you would like the red tint to be stronger, add paprika or beetroot powder
This gave me a thick creamy batch of henna. I like it that way. I don’t like henna to be messy, so I always make a thick batch.
What I Did:
- I poured the henna into a clean bowl
- I added the entire container of coconut milk and mixed them together
- I added olive oil
- I added the ACV little by little , mixed, and then checked the consistency
Halfway through applying
I put the henna into my hair in small amounts without rubbing too much. I coated as much of my hair as possible. After I finished applying it, I covered with a plastic cap and wait. I left it on for 4 hours this time. That is longer than usual for me. I’ve heard people say that they wait anywhere from 2-24 hours.
Washing It Out:
Washing this mixture out was much easier.
- I rinsed with water first
- I added conditioner and rinsed several times
- I deep conditioned afterwards
My hair felt soft and healthy after this treatment. I liked the results so much that I will be using this recipe again.