Need a Little Natural Hair Inspiration?
I’ve been natural for 13 years now. I can’t say that it was always easy, but I can say that it was worth it. You have to find ways to keep yourself motivated. Here are some tips on how to do that:
1. Research- Sometimes we get frustrated because we don’t know what works or how to do something. Don’t let the frustration get in your way. Take that as a hint that you need to seek out information. There is so much available on the web.
2. Experiment- I like to keep my regimen simple, but there are times when you want to try something new. That may be a hair recipe, a style, new accessories, etc…
3. Create a Real-life Support Team- If you can find a natural hair meetup group in your area, join it. There is nothing like being surrounded by a group of women with natural hair. It’s also a great opportunity to ask questions and exchange ideas.
4. Seek Inspiration Online- YouTube, blogs, social media sites, and forums can be great sources of inspiration.
5. Consult a stylist- Before you give up, give a professional a chance to help you. The problems may not be as severe as you thought. Last summer, I was so frustrated with my hair. I went to a salon and got a haircut, and it made so much of a difference.
When all else fails, just marvel at the beauty of natural hair
All photos came from previous posts on NaturalReview